Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Blomberg dishwasher model DWT 24100 that has stopped

I have a Blomberg dishwasher model DWT 24100 that has stopped draining - it is less than a year old - don't know what to do and don't really want to spend any $$ to call in a repairman! thanks
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

Can you hear the drain motor running?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know what the drain motor sounds like - it is a very quiet machine -

Ok first check this, by your sink see if you have a syphon gap. It looks like this

If you do remove the cap and remove the inside center piece and check the pipe tube for junk. It is the most common issue for a unit not pumping out. Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have that - it just goes by a hose into the insinkerator disposal

Ok then either the pump is not running, is jammed, burned out or the impeller is bad. You need to remove the access panel in the front way at the bottom the pump should be on the right hand is a pic of it CLICK HERE

There is a two wire plug that goes to it. You could put your hand on it to see if it is vibrating or warm when you have it on cancel Drain. If it is there could be something stuck in it. You would have to remove the pump to check it. There is a lock tab on the top side of the pump that you need to press then the pump just twists out. You should get a shop vac or bucket vacuum ready as there will be a lot of water. You can suck it out right away. Here is a video of a similar pump and the way to get at it and change it like yours.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no cancel button on my machine - only an on off button

it looks like the gas connection has to be removed to get behind that panel!! UGH

You may have to remove whichever connections are in the way at your home, but if it is less than a year old it should be under warranty from Blomberg so you may just want to call them out. It should be free!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks - my model doesn't have a cancel drain button and the video was for a whirlpool so I thank you but it wasn't much of a help - will call the appropriate repairman in the morning -