Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a KetchenAid refrigerator that has an ice maker and

I have a KetchenAid refrigerator that has an ice maker and water dispenser with an internal water filter. I had a red light saying to replace the filter. I replaced it with the correct model filter, but the light still shows requesting to replace the filter. Is it necessary to reset it somehow?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look around on that control near the light usually and there should be a reset button. Press and hold that for about 8 seconds and the light will go out. That will reset the counter.

If that does not work please look in the fresh food section for the model sticker near the top on the wall and give me the model from that sticker please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We could not find the reset button. The model number is XXXXX

Thanks Bernard, give me a few minutes please.

Bernard does your model have a display with a lock button on it at the dispenser? Do not press it, I just want to make sure.