Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Just took my cabrio WTW6340WW0 apart to remove the loose change

Just took my cabrio WTW6340WW0 apart to remove the loose change from the bottom of outter tub $52.20 worth of change put it back together now it give me an "ol" code what did I do wrong?
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
the oL is a code for an over sized load ,

oL

flashes when the machine/motor control detects a load size that exceeds the washer's capacity

Open the door lid to clear display, remove excess laundry, then restart the cycle.

then unplug this and plug it back in. see if the error is gone.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The first time there was nothing in the washer I was running tide washer cleaner through it
okay so does it reset when you unplug it ? what we need to do is see if you can get some water going in and see if the basket is floating like it should, if the wash plate is stuck the machine will think its overloaded.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Turned it back on to see if it will code again after unplugging it
and did the code come back ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not yet just a few minutes into the cycle.
okay, the one thing you need to be aware of when you pull the wash plate is that when you put it back together is moves freely. (floats) otherwise the control will think its overloaded and fault.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just coded again
Okay well unfortunately you need to take the wash plate out again and make sure theres nothing keeping the plate from moving . remove the wash plate and With the basket is off you will be able to see that a lot of the time the shaft is corroded and the inside bearing on the basket is corroded. Clean these both off very good and check to see if the basket can easily go back on the shaft and slide up and down without getting stuck. You may need to sand and file the shaft a little bit to get it totally cleaned up. The inner bearing of the basket is plastic so it is pretty easy to clean with light sanding.
?14. Reassemble in the reverse order and your done. Check to make sure the basket can easily float now by pulling up on it from the top inside lips.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok I will try this the wash basket was kinda hard to get out maybe it just need a good cleaning.Thanks
your welcome if it was hard coming out that's most likely your issue, thanks and have a great night. Bryan