Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

The drum is out of alignment? Had pillows and heard banging

The drum is out of alignment? Had pillows and heard banging noise and stopped machine. After pulking them out i noticed drum not in rubber gasket/liner. Opened machine up and everything looks intact and functional. Tried lifting drum to realign but unable to....

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can you spin the drum by hand and it spin easily and in a circle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yesspins freely

But you say that the rubber gasket is not centered on the tub, correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the drum is about 3/4" below the gasket

and when you turn the drum slowly it stays about 3/4" below the gasket?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes.springs look good. Adjustable look good also. Just cannot get tub lifted up and back into position onto the gasket. It continues to 'fall off'

Are you saying the tub itself is detached from the rubber boot?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

If the rubber boot has come off the outer tub, you are in for a heck of a repair, not easily done, I am including a video that shows how to replace the boot, hopefully it will help you get it back on, click on the blue link below to watch it..

Click here

Let me know if you need more help..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yea thats what I thought...in for serious repair. Im maintenance mechanic and knew from initial look it might be serious. Thanks

Your welcome

Chas

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Martin,
I noticed that your question is still open, is there anything else I can do for you on your problem?