Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do I remove the Jenn-Air Model Number JGC9536ADS/Serial

Customer Question

How do I remove the Jenn-Air Model Number JGC9536ADS/Serial Number 10931931GC glass cooktop in order to replace the 5 point gas re-igniter?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this should actually not be that hard of a task. The cooktop does not even need to be un-installed from the countertop. To remove the top panel so that you can access spark module, just pull all the burner grates and knobs straight up and off. Remove the burner caps and look at each burner base. You'll see screws going through each base. Remove all the screws through each base and pull each base up to disconnect the wire from each burner base electrode. Once all the burner bases have been removed, the entire top panel just pulls up and off.

Now if for some reason the entire top won't pull off, then you will need to un-install the entire cooktop because sometimes installers will put silicone under the top panel or run screws in from the sides holding the top panel down.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Tyler.....there were a total of 8 side screws that were holding down the cooktop. It was difficult getting to them because the propane line was holding the entire unit in place. Finally, I was able to prop the entire unit up enough to remove the 8 side screws. Once the screws were removed the cooktop came off and I was able to remove the inoperative "5 Point Gas Re-Igniter with Flame Rectification" and install the new unit.

Thanks, Mark S.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Ah. I'm glad you were able to get it removed one way or another. If you need anything else, let me know.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?