Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

kitchen aid refrigarator on top and frezzer on bottom. the

kitchen aid refrigarator on top and frezzer on bottom. the ice maker stopped working and I noticed it was constantly getting ice formations on the ice maker arms that kick the cubes out and after gently removing them it would make ice. then it just stopped all toghther and I thought the water service tube was frozen so I turned down the frezzer temperture to off and left the fefrigarator on it's cold setting. When I got up the next morning both frezzer and refrige was warm. I unplugged the electricity for a day to see if it might reset. it didn't and is is not working at all. Lights are on and fan is blowing air but still warm?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Is the unit making any sounds at all like it is trying to operate?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no noise at all, lites are on, small amount of air flow

I understand, open the freezer Greg and without turning the control all the way off turn it down close to off and back all the way cold. Can you hear it click? You will have to listen very close.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i could hear and feel the click

I understand, give me a few minutes to look at the diagrams.

Barry
Greg are you able to tell are the parts, the compressor and fan at the lower rear behind the refrigerator operating?
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, give me a few minutes

No problem, please take your time.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

fan is running, compresser is hot and does not have any vibration to it.

I am looking at the diagrams again Greg, just a few minutes.

Thanks,
Barry

The part on your model that is attached to the side of the compressor is a very common failure, replace this part, be sure to unplug the refrigerator from the wall outlet before touching this part. Its mounted to the side of the compressor. Especially if it smells or rattles when you shake it. This part can also break because of a compressor failure. The only way to find out is change it and see if the compressor does start.

Be sure to make a wire diagram or take a picture of where the wires go before you take them off. Remove the wire clip and this part pulls straight off. 67005560 is the part number you can shop with. One place that has that online is just below or you can shop locally.

If you have questions please ask me, if not then please leave a rating for me.

Thanks,
Barry

Refrigerator Overload - 67005560

Refrigerator Overload - 67005560