Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a DCS double oven model # XXXXX Bl that I purchased

Customer Question

I have a DCS double oven model # XXXXX Bl that I purchased in 2002. When I started the self cleaning cycle on the upper oven the panel went out except for the clock - which is visible but dim . At the same time the solenoid for the door lock (best guess) started clicking repeatedly. The door will not open. We turned off the related switch in the control panel to shut it off hoping the oven panel would return to normal the next day - but it did not. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately this is literally the most common issue that this model dishwasher has as far as the display going dim and not being readable. There is nothing you can do but have the display board replaced to fix this problem. Since DCS is now owned by Fisher and Paykel, you'd need to call them to order the display board. Their number is XXXXX

Now the clicking noise could be coming from the display board most likely but there is really no way to know until after the display board is replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your response is regarding a dishwasher -- I am talking about a double oven --- DCS - Dynamic Cooking System. Please read my problem and respond accordingly

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I said "dishwasher" but that was just the wrong word. The information is 100% accurate, I just said dishwasher instead of double oven. I really do apologize about the confusion.

I see you gave me a negative rating. Was there something I could help you with to improve that rating?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
The response for for a dishwasher - not for a double oven
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Are you comfortable with some electrical repair because the cause of the dim display is a faulty capacitor on the board that can be repaired. Is this something you are interested in? It could save you several hundred dollars over replacing the board!