Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a GE Profile Bottom Freezer refrigerator. The temp

I have a GE Profile Bottom Freezer refrigerator. The temp for both the fridge and freezer is well above what it should be. I have no access to wiring diagrams or trouble shooting tips from the manufacturer. When I pulled the fridge out from the wall, I noticed that the fan for the condenser was not on and that the compressor was very hot to the touch. I put a portable fan on in the rear of the fridge and it seemed to help cool down the compressor and the temps fridge and freezer went back to normal...(0 freezer and 37 for fridge). This remedy however did not last long. Both temps started creeping up and I began troubleshooting with no wiring diagram or troubleshooting tips of any kind from the manufacturer. So, far I have replaced the condenser fan and run capacitor relay for compressor with no change in temps. I need help.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do hear the fan running in the freezer section. There is no frost. Once I determined that the frigde needed to be turned off and I began troubleshooting, my wife removed all shelving and cleaned the fridge and freezer. This was about a week ago.

OKay, and how about the fan down by the compressor. Is it running now after replacing it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, that fan has not turned on at all....yet.

Okay, and the compressor is running, correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think so. It is hot to the touch again. The fridge has been on(plugged in) now about an hour. The temp for fridge and freezer is 70 degrees.

Okay, the fan receives its power from the main control board. I believe that board will need to be replaced. If the compressor gets hot (which it will because the fan is not running) it will shut off to protect itself. You need to replace the board on the back of the refrigerator, under the metal rectangular cover. The correct one for your model is pictured and available below. It comes with instructions and is very easy to install.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In regards to my GE Profile bottom freezer refrigerator, I decided to check the voltage coming from the main control board going to the condenser fan and I found that there is 13.49 volts present. Can you tell me how replacing the main control board will get the condenser fan to run?

If you have voltage there, the fan is bad. Since the fan is new, I am suspicious of that voltage. Are you measuring with the motor plugged in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I disconnected the motor and measured across the incoming wires from the main control board.

Hook up the motor and see if that voltage goes away. I suspect you are reading "phantom voltage."