Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My whirlpool washer is not spiining in the cycle.. It starts

Customer Question

My whirlpool washer is not spiining in the cycle.. It starts for about 3 seconds then stops and you can see the water is about a third filled.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is Mike, I will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Just to clarify the machine wont drain or spin?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The machine wont spin..

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Ok Richard is this a top or front load washer?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Front load washer.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Ok Richard thanks, The problem here is the pump is blocked, the water wont drain so therefore the machine not spinning is just a side effect.

Not sure what model this machine is because you are unable to give me a model number but normally there will be either a removable panel under the door or a small door allowing you to access the drain filter. Assuming you have a panel under the door. Remove the screws from the bottom lip of the machine, once the panel is out grab a bunch of towels then slowly unscrew the drain filter (built into the pump) mop the water up as you go along, pull the drain filter right out when the water stops flowing then clear the drain trap out.

This should solve your problem, if the problem still exists you will need to replace the pump since it will be bad.

I would like to earn your highest rating, Please reply If you have any other questions or need further assistance.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The model w10252714A Whirlpool front load washer.. 4.0 cubic feet is the model..please help..thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
That is not the model number Richard, the model number will be on a sticker around the door, You would need to open the door to get to the sticker.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Model WFW9150WW00

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
I think I found it by your discription, below is a couple of pictures showing you how to clear the drain filter.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Mike,

I cleaned out that drain and still only starts to spin for a second then shuts off..Any other thoughts?

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Does the drum have water in it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No because we drained it..it did though.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Ok try pulling the plug then resetting the cycle, if the machine wont run through the cycle let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

We plugged the plugged and left it out for 30 seconds then plugged back in. Reset the cycle and it didn't turn or do anything at all..Seems like it make a little click but doesnt turn on or do anything..

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Do you see any error codes on the display such as F30?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No error codes..

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Ok in this case you will need to run the diagnostic program, Download the tech sheet from the link below, You will find the instructions on the tech sheet for running the diagnostic program.

This will tell you where the problem is and give you a error code that will tell you what you will need to replace.

Click here

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Mike,

This really didn't help me at all..

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Sorry to hear that. Did you run the diagnostic program?