Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

KITCHENAID MICROWAVE DOES NOT TURN OFF

KITCHENAID MICROWAVE DOES NOT TURN OFF
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Are you sure it is still heating and not the fan or turntable going without heat?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I just shut the door the turntable just spins without the heat, it only stops when I open the door.

If I set the timer then the heat comes on and it heats the food or water.

The turntable only stops when I open the door, it doesn't stop when I hit the cancel/off button.

Thanks Tom, there is a relay on the control board that has welded itself shut applying power all the time to the turntable. The only way to repair it is to replace that board. I have provided one link for you below, the factory part number you can shop around with is(NNN) NNN-NNNN I have also arrowed the part in the diagram below.

CLICK HERE FOR PART LINK

The image below is the section there where your touchpad is. Be sure the microwave is unplugged before starting to replace that part. Do not touch any wires with your fingers. The ribbon wire is fine but none of the rest, use a good pair of insulated needle nose pliers to pull the other wire connectors off. There is a capacitor in there and if its holding a charge and you get into it then it can really hurt.

Please ask if you have any questions. If you do not then please leave a rating.

Thanks,
Barry
graphic