Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I purchased a second hand Kenmore washer (companion to a 697267

I purchased a second hand Kenmore washer (companion to a 697267 dryer) but it won't spin. Is there a fuse somewhere, what can I do??? Thank you!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is this a front load washer or a top load washer? And when the washer is supposed to spin, is it silent or does it sound like it's trying to spin? Also, does the timer stop or does it count down to the end?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Top loader and it's completely silent and I'm not sure if it counts down. Can I get back to you on that?

Sure, but if it's not counting down, then it means that your washer doesn't think the lid is shut. It will stop the washer from advancing for safety reasons if it doesn't think the lid is shut.  You'll want to order and replace the lid switch to fix the issue.  Below is a link to a video you can watch to see how to take the washer apart because you'll need to remove the entire outer shell to replace the lid switch.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it doesn't count down, tried a screwdriver and it doesn't work. Although I appreciate your answer very much, I'm disappointed with this washer and me! Why was I so stupid to wash a comforter on the first run??? Anyway, thank you! Have a good day!
PS Can I please get manuals for the washer & dryer?

Not a problem and I'm sorry about this issue you're having. Usually the lid switch gets hit by and out of balance load like a comforter in your case causing it to fail.

As for the manuals, if you type in your model number (which both start with 110 . XXXXXXXXXXX) into, there is a tab you can click in the upper left corner for manuals if they have the manuals on file. The model on the dryer is located on a sticker just inside the door way. The model number for the washer is tucked up underneath the lid down by the hinges and really hard to see.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for all your help, Tyler! You rock!

No problem and I wish you only the best. If you need anything else, just let me know.