Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a smooth top range Kenmore 2007 790.45499502. While

Customer Question

I have a smooth top range Kenmore 2007 790.45499502. While cooking I got an F10 code. Turned oven off and now oven fan will not turn off. Went away recently and turned off breaker to stove while I was away. Home now, turned breaker back on and oven fan came back on without turning oven on. Fan runs continuously.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the fan running and the F10 error are caused by the same reason. Your oven thinks the inside of the oven is too hot. This can be caused by either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board.  You can't test the board but you can test the sensor.  Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall.  There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it.  With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms.  If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board. 

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?