Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I cannot locate reset button. I see a red button, how does

I cannot locate reset button. I see a red button, how does it reset?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The red button will be popped out if it has tripped. To reset it, you simply push the red button in. Does the disposal make noise at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
just a minute. I tried to push without success. Let me try again. Does it take exceptional strength? It does not make noise because it does not rotate. Let me push again. Okay, I see were the button popped out when I turn the wall switch. I pushed it back in. when I turned the swith on, it does make a murmerign noise. Then the red button popped out.

Okay, so the reset is working but the motor cannot turn. Can you use a broom handle to stick in the disposal (make sure it is off, of course!) and free the blades?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try this. I tried, but unsuccessful. The rotation is clockwise, correct? How much pressure is needed?

It may take great pressure, depending why it will not turn. Can you see anything jammed looking with a flashlight?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just a min. just cannot dislodge. there is no obvious material causing the blockage.

Okay, does the bottom of the inside look pretty rough and rusty?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it is about 7-10 years old. no obvious rust of any kind.

Okay, well if you cannot see anything lodged inside, the motor has likely seized. These are not a serviceable item and will need to be replaced. I would recommend replacing it with a 1/2 HP unit. The one below is a great machine and very easy to install! It comes with full instructions, too!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!