Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a princess stove/oven 3342. The oven will not heat.

I have a princess stove/oven 3342. The oven will not heat. What could be the most likely problems?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Are the top burners working well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes no problem with them.
Okay, is this the 120 or 240 volt model, please? Does the broil work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's the 120 version. The broiler does not work.
Do both the bake and broil elements appear to be in good shape with no holes, burn marks or areas of discoloration?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will have to go out to the marina and take a closer look, but they looked ok from what I recall.
Okay, so assuming they are okay, which I suspect they are, I think we can diagnose the issue. The power is to the unit because the burners work and the thermostat is new. So, that means that we are losing either the hot line before the thermostat or the neutral line somewhere before it splits to each of the elements. If you have 120 VAC to the thermostat, look for an issue with the neutral line. It may take some disassembly to locate. Let me know what you find.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll check it out and let you know what I find.
Sounds good, thanks!
One other thing, does the light above the thermostat come on?