Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

i removed the knobs on my Frigidaire Professional series ceramic

i removed the knobs on my Frigidaire Professional series ceramic cook top stove to clean them and now the knob that controls the right rear burn will only go to low and not to off. How can I fix this so that the burner will turn completely off. I have moved the knob to both the small and large burner side of the knob but still no off.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the knob is not the problem if you can't turn the burner all the way off. Unfortunately the valve that is attached to the knob shaft is jamming up and not allowing you to turn the shaft. This sometimes happens when pulling the knobs off because it pulls on the shaft and can move the inner workings of the valve causing them to lock up. Either way, you can't take the valve apart without creating a leak, so you can try to fiddle with the shaft and see if you can get it to turn after pushing and pulling on it and wiggling it, but most likely the valve itself would need to be replaced. To get the gas to stop flowing in the mean time, you'd need to turn the gas off behind the oven at the shut off valve coming from your house.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my stove is electric. would the same still apply?

Aye, sorry it would still apply. It just means that your model you'll need to find exactly what it is because the model you have is for a gas unit. The full correct model should be located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wll, i know that it can be connected both ways but we use it as electric. Thanks for the answer but i cannot do much now except have somebody come to my home and fix it.

Aye, that's up to to you if you want to call someone out, but if you're handy you can likely replace the burner switch yourself that the knob attaches to.