Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a GE side by side refrigerator model #PSSGMABS. I recently

I have a GE side by side refrigerator model #PSSGMABS. I recently moved the refrigerator out to tile a floor underneath it. Now, it's back in place and I have reconnected that water line. It will make ice, but I can't get water to come out through the dispenser on the door.

Please what shall I look for? A crimped water line?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

While you were tiling was the refrigerator still cooling? If so the water line in the freezer door may have frozen.

There is also a water tank behind the crisper drawers in the fresh food section. That tank or one of the water lines to that tank may have frozen.

Also take the filter off and look for ice there. Those are the 3 common places that freeze on these refrigerators. You can heat the freezer door a little with a space heater but really the best way to do it is to turn off the refrigerator and open the door.

Please ask me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Barry,

Where is the filter that I need to check, and how to I get to it, please?

Hi John, look to the top right rear of the fresh food section. It should be to the back wall right corner. Do you see it?

Barry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes, I see it, and I have recently replaced that filter. It is not frozen.

Behind the kick panel is a water line connector, below the doors in the front. Push the white ring in while pushing the line at the same time. Then pull the line out. Get a towel and then see if you can get water to run out of it by pressing for water at the dispenser. That line is not pressurized until you tap the dispenser. If you get water there then the line is frozen in the freezer door. If you do not then it is frozen in the fresh food section somewhere. Either near the water tank or the lines in the fresh food section. Air from disconnecting the water line at the back is what causes it.

Please ask if you have questions.

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE

graphic
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.