Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool duet dryer was running and I dropped a box on

Customer Question

My whirlpool duet dryer was running and I dropped a box on top of it. It stopped and won't restart. It's like its getting no power at all. Is there a switch or something I could've knocked loose.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there are no fuses that would stop the interface from displaying at all. You'll need to get a multimeter to test power at the junction block where the power cord connect to the back of the dryer. Test power between the 2 outside wires and you should have 240 volts. If you definitely have power then remove the screw coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Just look over the wires going between the front interface control board and the power board on the left side wall above the drum. Make sure the wires are secure and if everything looks but but you get no response, that power board on the left side of the dryer will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for power board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?