Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an LG Bottom Freezer Refrigerator and the right door

Customer Question

I have an LG Bottom Freezer Refrigerator and the right door cam (top of door) part # XXXXX just feel of. It appears to connect via a screw to the right door Hook (it also appear that the Cam/screw has a small plastic piece attached to it). I beleive I need a new hook? My question is how do I change the hook and will I have to replace the gasket assembly as well? Larry Walter @XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

No you should not have to replace the gasket unless it is torn. Here is a link to the part and there is a video of how to change it for you.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is that you rate my assistance thank you!
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The link that you sent me tells me how to change the cam but not the HOOK. I beleive that the top of the cam is what is broken. Is there a video that would show me that repair. Thanks, Larry Walter

I am not sure which hook you are referring to do you have a part number of the hook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the part # is 4931JJ2002A. This hook is what the cam is screwed into. The video that was sent to me only shows the removal and re-installing of the cam. The hook is actually behind the gasket assembly.

Thanks, Larry

So you just want to replace that part number? It just snaps in place I am not sure which hook and cam you are referring to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The hook assembly is part # 4931JJ2002A and the Cam Part # 4430JJ2004 screws into the hook assembly. As per the video that was sent to me it appears that the hook assembly is attached to the right hand side door under the gasket assembly. That is what I am not sure of. I have already ordered a new cam and hook assembly from Sears. They are the only company that I could see diagrams and part numbers for the LG model that I have. I guess if I can't find a video to watch I will be forved to just wait for the parts to arrive and go from there. Thanks for all the help. Larry Walter

Part #4931JJ2002A comes with the hook part #443JJ2004, I would just order the set. The gasket just moves out of the way to get it out. There is a couple snaps that hold it it, The hook itself you can replace it you want. That video shows how to replace the hook and this one is how to replace the set complete.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I found the right video with the last link that you sent me. Thanks a lot for all the help... Have a GREAT WEEK!!!!! Larry Walter

no problem