Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Experience:  Over twenty seven years in the appliance service business
69602385

Our refriferator lost all power rf217acpn

Appl-Tech :

Hello, thanks for letting us answer your questions. We appreciate your business!
Do you have a display on the control panel?

Customer:

no

Customer:

have reset breaker etc

Appl-Tech :

Have you plugged something else in the power outlet to make sure you have power. Also do the interior light work?

Customer:

no interior light we tried plugging into other outlet that is working though

Customer:

no luck

Customer:

can it be reset somehow?

Appl-Tech :

If you are sure you have no problem with your power outlet, then the main computer board in your fridge has failed and you will have to replace it. It is located on the back on the right side inside a plastic case. If you want to try repairing this yourself, I can look up the part and a site to purchase the part.

Customer:

no thanks already called repairman unless easy to fix.. give me part number please can give to repairman before they come..

Customer:

ok thanks will pass the part number along..are you sure that is the issue

Appl-Tech :

If you have been satisfied with my help and have no further questions for me, may I please ask that you rate my help as positive for JA today?
You may continue to ask me any follow-up questions after rating my help by hetting the "Save & Exit" Button. I will be notified by email of your request should you still need my help.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out with your question.

Appl-Tech :

yes, thats the most likely problem, unless you have a broken wire somewhere, which would require a service tech to trace out anyway.