Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore

I have a whirlpool front loader washing machine and the sears

I have a whirlpool front loader washing machine and the sears repair came today and replaced the front door seal well after doing my first load of wash water is shooting out the bottom of the door when spinning what did he not do?? please help they won't come back to fix for 3 weeks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 9 months ago.

Appliance Tech Dave :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will help you with you washer. The grey seal needs to firmly touch the glass. Do you see any wrinkles or tears in the front edge of the seal?

Customer:

no and the o ring looks like it is in place it did not do this before

Appliance Tech Dave :

Do you see the water running down the door or just on the floor?

Customer:

its running right now trying a second time seems fine when filling it was shooting water out the bottom door where the door shuts when spinning water coming out pretty fast not sure if its coming out the bottom also

Customer:

its a whirlpool front loader model wfw9050xw00

Appliance Tech Dave :

It is possible the seal was not touching until the warm water softened it a little. Keep an eye on it for a load or two to be sure. Maybe you won't need to call them back.

Appliance Tech Dave :

If it only leaks when it is filling they may not have gotten the fill tube pushed into the door boot properly when they installed it.

Customer:

it is washing now and it is not leaking i can't believe they wont come right back they can't come until the 19th oct

Customer:

i can feel a little water under the round door very little right now while its washing

Appliance Tech Dave :

I agree. If they did something wrong they should make it right quickly. Watch it for a load or two to be sure it still has a problem.

Customer:

then what?

Customer:

he called said he did it right but clearly he didn't

Appliance Tech Dave :

It could be what I mentioned about the fill tube not installed properly into the door boot or a flaw in the front lip of the seal. In either case they need to come back. For a short time the leaking won't hurt anything if there is a floor drain or you can catch all the water with towels but they need to come back and should not charge you anything.

Customer:

i really am mad about this and i told them so but didn't do me any good thanks for trying will this conversation be email to me so i can show my husband

Appliance Tech Dave :

I can't email it but you can copy it out and paste it. Best wishes with your repair person. Dave

Experience: 30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore