Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE dryer model DDE5300GAL, problem-dryer runs about 25 minutes

GE dryer model DDE5300GAL, problem-dryer runs about 25 minutes and then it shuts off. It's does heat but it is like it reaches a certain temperature and shuts off. I have checked the vent to make sure it clear and it is. Can you tell what year this dryer is and what you think is going wrong here.

Thank you for your assistance
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Have you tried this in both timed dry and automatic and it does the same thing ? once this stops are you able to start it again right away. (within seconds) or do you have to wait a while before it will start again ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This GE dryer actually belongs to my brother and now he tells me that the dryer does run when you set the timer. But now it won't HEAT. NO HEAT

okay that's different. its most likely the heating element has burn out. luckily for this unit they sell the restring kit which is a lot cheaper than the whole unit . unplug the dryer there are two screws going up into the top of the dryer when you open the door, remove those. lift the top and slide it out forward. once thats done there are two screw down on the sides to remove and then take the whole front off by lifting it off the bottom clips. (unplug the door switch) I'll be right back with diagrams.
okay what you need to do is get to the back of the drum. this is an older dryer and a little tougher, (dryers about 20 years old) its a lot tougher than the newer ones, basically though you still need to remove the front of the dryer and then the drum , the heater is behind the drum . heres a link to all the diagrams and parts. GE Ge dryers, electric Drum and heater assembly Parts
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you have a part number for the heating element or restring kit? Who should I order it from to get the best price? Thanks

oh sorry I didn't see your reply, the part number is WE11X260 you can order it at this link if you wish.