Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

have a 4yr old mcbr1010w frige with ice on back of freezer

have a 4yr old mcbr1010w frige with ice on back of freezer frige not cold no air flow evaporator fan is working drain isnt plugged cant pull up model #? what is the most likely cause is there a alternate #
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the model number is XXXXX a good model, not sure why you couldn't pull it up other than the fact that most people won't carry magic chef or E-wave parts. EIther way, the face you have ice on the back of the freezer means you have a defrost issue. You'll need to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the screws going into the back panel. Remove the back panel and you'll see a lot of frost and ice build up. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the frost and ice. There is a heater that looksl ike an oven bake element that runs along the bottom of the silver coils and a small round dime sized device clipped onto the top of the silver coils. These are your defrost heater and thermostat. Now if you have a multimeter, you can test continuity through each part and if either part is open, replace that part. If you don't have a multimeter, order and replace the defrost thermostat as it's by far teh most likely part that fails on this unit. Below is a link to the defrost thermostat you can order.

CLICK HERE for defrost thermostat

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!