Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Maytag Model #PDB3600AWE, Serial #29299319EL is leaking

My Maytag Model #PDB3600AWE, Serial #29299319EL is leaking on either side of the pump. My husband replaced pump gasket with a new Maytag brand pump gasket--it still leaked. We noticed the edge of the pump where the gasket fits seems to have a slight warp; so he used a bathroom silicone to try to seal it. Now it is leaking on either side of the pump again. It's a built-in unit & he left the front panels next to the floor off & I in "good faith" kept two small plastic containers under the unit to catch the leaks. Is it possible to replace the whole pump & motor or should we just buy another dishwasher?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! That machine has some age on it and the closest part to a complete assembly is the motor and housing pictured below. However, it is $200 or more with shipping. If it was my machine, I would not invest that much into it, given the age of the machine. I would replace the dishwasher.