Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE Profile Dishwasher Model PDW9880. We had a power

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile Dishwasher Model PDW9880. We had a power surge and now the unit won't work. We shut off the breaker for 20 minutes and reset. It is emmiting a very high pitched sound (I cannot even hear it but my wife and daughter say it is loud). The lights on the touchpad are not working. Do the think the main control board is to blame?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So that high pitch sound means that your dishwasher thinks the touchpad has shorted. There really isn't much you can do but to order and replace the touch control panel. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for touchpad

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. I see you requested me, I will take a look and be right back.
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.
Okay You say theres a high pitch noise? I doubt its the touch pad, I believe its the main control board. the touch pad doesn't make a high pitch noise but the control will. heres a link to the control. . control board
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.
Okay I hope he's right, thanks, Good luck.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
To so clarify, the control board IS the part that actually makes the noise---but that alarm is designed to sound when it senses that the touchpad is short.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

My part just arrived. Any trick to installing this touch pad? Looks like there are about 10 screws or so to take the inner panel off.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Really you just need to open the door, turn the circuit breaker off, and remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner. The door will split apart and then you can unplug the ribbon cable from the control board. At this point you will need to use a knife and peel off the old touchpad sticker from the control panel and stick the new one down.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Got it. Works fine now. Hardest part was removing adhesive from old pad. Used acetone to dissolve glue. Thanks for the help.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Awesome, I'm so glad you got it all up and running again!