Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a GE Profile side-by-side Model # XXXXX that has

I have a GE Profile side-by-side Model # XXXXX that has a persistent leak. Weekly water pools on the refrigerator side under bottom drawer. Today, we handle by cleaning weekly, but would like to know the source, and get advice on how to fix.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The water is coming from the defrost drain (number 815) under the evaporator (arrowed with text box). That drain is plugged and not allowing water to drain into the condensate pan below the refrigerator cabinet. You can totally disassemble the refrigerator to access and thaw the drain (not recommended) or turn the unit off for about 12 hours with the doors open to thaw naturally (recommended). Once it has thawed, you will have no more water leakage.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I appreciate the answer! Sounds like we will have a bit of work ahead of us, but good to know how to solve. In the meantime, can I assume that while this is bothersome, this won't impact other areas of operation negatively? I will definitely dethaw, but need flexibility on timing.

That is absolutely correct. It will operate fine like that until the timing is a bit better. If you run into trouble once you get started, just reply back. There is no time limit or extra charge for follow up assistance!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a related question - the temperature in the fridge is now too high. Yesterday, the setting read 46 degrees. This morning up to 47 degrees. Related issue? Or a new problem?

The ice may be inhibiting air flow if it has built up enough near the evaporator. YOu may need to defrost it sooner if the temps are rising.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, given the other issue, you're pretty sure that the rise in temp is caused by that - and not by another cause? Are there many other potential issues that cause the thermostat to be off only on fridge side - and not the freezer side? If the ice is the most likely cause, I guess I have my work cut out for me in the next several days.

I do believe the ice is contributing to the temperature issue, yes. An overnight thaw should restore operation. Let me know what happens.