Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

alarm door for a GE refrigeratorside by side with a frezeer

alarm door for a GE refrigeratorside by side with a frezeer drawer at the bottom model #PFSS2MJYC will not stop beeping.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So are you sure the door alarm is beeping and it's not a temperature warning telling you it's getting too warm inside?

If you're not sure, then shut the doors and peel back the door seal with a butter knife and do you see any lights on inside?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The door alarm had been going off for the last hour. As you know it, as soon as I put my VISA number in, it stopped. That being said, we had moved the frig a day ago while putting in hardwood floors and at that time the water dispenser had stopped. Pushing the buttons, etc.. magically a few minutes later the water dispenser started working and now the alarm has stopped. What do you think it was? or is?

So the dispenser won't actually work if it thinks the refrigerator door is open which means that you may have been experiencing the issue back then. Possibly by moving the refrigerator and rolling it back, the cabinet is being torqued in way where the doors aren't hitting the light switch well enough. If that's the case, you may need to adjust the doors slightly. You can look at the top of the doors and see if one door is slightly higher than the other. If one is lower, raise that lower door.

If the doors are uneven on a French-Door model, use the bottom fresh food hinges to align, following the below instructions:

Locate the adjusting screws found on the underside of the fresh food doors of the refrigerator. Refer to the owners manual/installation instructions for exact location.

Using a 1/4" or 4 mm wrench, turn the door adjusting screw to the right to raise the door, to the left to lower it. (A nylon plug, imbedded in the threads of the pin, prevents the pin from turning unless a wrench is used.)

After one or two turns of the wrench, open and close the refrigerator door and check the alignment at the top of the doors.

If necessary, please repeat the above steps until the doors are aligned.