Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I am looking for a service manual for a Jenn Air SEG196W, I

I am looking for a service manual for a Jenn Air SEG196W, I need the electrical schematic to make sure the that the way the former owner moved wires will not hurt the range.
What is the number of the manual you have?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The manual I have I downloaded off the internet, the number is XXXXX And yes it has SEG196 and SEG196c. That was my concern because the service men that are here wanted to make sure they did not hurt the range/oven in any way. I have looked at many different online sites and paid for this service manual and it appears to be the wrong model.

I understand your frustration, but the manual you have is the correct one according to Jen Air, I am interested in knowing what wiring you are talking about not knowing if it will hurt the unit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The previous owner bypassed the bus bar on the range except for the neutral/white wire. He put the incoming black/hot to the blue wire of the range and he used a regular three prong cord instead of the three wire 30 amp plug.

Black should be L1, and all the red should be on L2 and all the white on Neutral according to the wiring diagram I am looking at, I don't see a blue until it gets to the downdraft...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Which model schematic should I use, SEG196 or 196C

the 196 c is for the Canadian model, they have different rules there, they have to have fuses installed and such... use the 196 only for your model and it will be correct...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory