Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a Kitchen aid side by side built in Model#KSSC48QMS

03
Ser. QT4917041

The Problem is I... Show More
03
Ser. QT4917041

The Problem is I plug it in and it works fine for about 15 minutes, then it beeps 3 times and when I open the door and the lights on the inside do not work. The unit still operates fine and keeps cold just the displays and inside lights don't work. I tried unplugging the unit and turning it on and off but i get the same results in approx. 15 min
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

This is a very common issue with that built in refrigerator. The main control board is bad. They had problems with the capacitors on the board going bad. They discontinued the board, but they do have them rebuilt. The board is extremely expensive, but will be your only option if you want the display and lights to work again. Here is a link to the board.

CLICK HERE

Hello, my name is Dave. May I make a suggestion? Before you replace the board, make sure it is not one of the door switches staying closed. If the light stay on when you close the door they automatically go out after about 10 minutes. The door switches are up on top at each hinge.

Dave

I should have mentioned that the temperature display will also go out when a door switch does not operate so this should be your problem. Please let me know what you find at the door switches.

Dave

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Not sure how all this works exactly but I figured out the door switch last night screw can loose and the lever popped up. You were correct though not that you needed me to tell you that. Another fella said it was the control board clearly that was not the case. I'm a plumber and get asked a lot of appliance questions (I am in no way qualified to answer) how can I direct people straight to "you" and not everyone this sight?

Thanks for asking how to request me specifically. You can click on this link and go to my profile or copy and past if it doesn't work. I would be happy to help you. I specialize in Whirlpool built products. Kitchen Aid, Roper and now the new Maytag and Amana etc. Dave
http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=19941226&FID=0

This link should work. If you are satisfied with my answer make sure you accept my answer and not the first expert. Thanks.

Appliance Tech Dave