Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My microwave is a GE Spacesaver microwave/ convection oven.

My microwave is a GE Spacesaver microwave/ convection oven. Model# XXXXX 1490WH01.
there IS POWER TO THE UNIT, THE LIGHTS AND CONTROL PAD FUNCTION as expected. When the "Start" button is depressed, nothing happens? What tests may I perform to fix it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. So does the start button beep when you press it but just doesn't start ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No beep. Push the button, the cooking light comes on but no fan , carosel or "sound" indicating that the unit is working.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay so when you push the button something does respond (the cooking light) so you mean the light inside correct ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay good that tells us the keypad is good and not the issue. So it means one of your three door interlock switches is bad. Micro Switch WB24X10112      Main Product View there are 2 1446 switches and 1 1445 switch . (thats just for reference on this diagram. I would replace all 3 however. you can order them at this link. switches just click that blue link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, good. So these are valid parts numbers to say, go to parts direct and get them? Sears last week wanted to charge me 80% more for a part that I drove to parts direct and picked up when Sears was going to have to order it. Also are these housed in the door or within the panel next to the key pad?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

you will need 1 of these. Micro switch

PART NUMBER: WB24X10112

and 2 of these. Primary inertial s...

PART NUMBER: WB24X10113

Substitution: WB24X10047

now the top one WB24X10112 is most likely just the interior light switch so you may be able to just replace the other two. I always replace all 3 though.

so to recap (1) WB24X10112 and (2) WB24X10047. you can get them any where you wish :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, great advice. Sorry to bug you but the exploded view doesn't give me a clear indication of where I should be looking for these switches. If you could help me narrow the search down, It would be appreciated.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Of course sorry. first remove the grill along the top and then the screw holding the control panel. graphic then slide the panel up and it should hinge out. the switches will be on the left side right where the door shuts. graphic I hope that helps. thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.