Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 7 year old MAV4755AWW that will not fill in regular

I have a 7 year old MAV4755AWW that will not fill in regular rinse cycle only extra rinse cycle works fine all other functions appear normal
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the washer still fills during the normal fill cycle and the extra rinse cycle, then you just have a bad contact inside the timer not sending power to the water valve when the washer should be filling during spin. You would need to replace the timer to fix this issue. The timer is the part behind the large knob that you turn to select the cycle. Below is a link to the timer you'd need to order for this model.

CLICK HERE for timer

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!