Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

water is leaking internally possibly thru a vent low in the

water is leaking internally possibly thru a vent low in the freezer compartment and there is a build up of ice. Also periodically it expells water onto the floor
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Sorry you are having to deal with this messy but very easily corrected problem. The defrost drain is plugged and is not allowing water to drain as it is designed to. You will need to remove the lower shelves from the freezer section, followed by the rear access panel, shown as number 20 in the picture below. Once the access panel has been removed, you will see the aluminum drain trough (number 14) below the evaporator coil (number 8). In the bottom of that drain trough is the drain hole. Thaw it using hot water only and make sure water will easily drain. Once you have made sure water flow down that drain easily, you will have corrected the problem!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kelly there was a huge ice build up that we have cleared and it appears to be draining....i wouldnt say quickly ...how fast should it drain? and any thoughts on how it would have plugged in the first place ? Thanks

Often times, a pea or other food product can get in that drain. Use a wire or plastic tube to stick down there, if you have one available. That will push anything through that should not be there. Great job in getting it unplugged and flowing again!