Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi! I have a LG DLE2701V DRYER that sunndenly had absolutely

Hi! I have a LG DLE2701V DRYER that sunndenly had absolutely no power to it. We used it on Sunday all day and then it will not come on last Monday. I re0placed the thermal fuse, the high limit thermostat, and the thermostat. I checked the breaker, the dryer cord and plug and everything is good. The only thing left that I know to do is buy and replace the main control board. Is this your recommendation or is there something else I can check first?
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great thank you! And yes I am a woman working on the dryer LOL

Is your belt intact ? not broken ? also you said you check the dryer plug and cord did you actually check the voltage ? you should get 220 volts at the wall, are you ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I actually had another cord i tried and I did test the voltage both from the plug and the cord. I even moved the dryer to the plug behind the stove which is identical and tried it there and still nothing. I did test it with the voltage meter and it did read 220

okay good job with that. can you open the control panel and test for 120 volts to the main control board at the spot I put the arrow ? graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I will have to run home and check it real quick.. I am at work.. Give me about 15-20 mins. to respond.. do i need to unplug anything to test this?

okay you should be able to get the volt meter probes into the plug to test it so no need to unplug any plugs from the board.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok great!! Thanks! Be right back with you

okay
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm going to switch to my iPhone
okay talk then
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok had to unplug it to test it. It reads nothing
Okay you unplugged the cable from it but what you have to test with it unplugged is the cable part not the board, can you do that ? and the dryer has to be plugged in.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still nothing from the wire
okay well plug that back in and test all the connections at the board, you should be getting 120 somewhere there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok the one below it to the right of the blue thing has 120 v
okay good. I wasn't sure which one was the power in sorry. Well it means the main control board has failed. you have power to it but its not responding or coming on. I before ordering it though on these dryers sometimes the plug from that control to the user interface is loose or bad. follow the wire between the two and wiggle it slightly at the user control board. the user control interface is number A120. wiggle the cables and see if anything lights up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok nothing.. I will order the board and see if that fixes it! Cross my fingers! Thanks
your very welcome, I'll tell you what order the board at this link, they will take it back and refund you even if you installed it , just in case. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/EBR36858821/1528272?modelNumber=DLE2701V?RCAID=1000065 thanks and have a great day, Bryan