Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello i have a Whirlpool Dryer Duet. It plays dead. But provides

Hello i have a Whirlpool Dryer Duet. It plays dead. But provides the error code PF. ANd then it will flash 40 for hrs on end.Can you help me?
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. Do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. i have a volt meter.

okay perfect. Give me a few minutes to bring the info back up

Okay you have to know how to check continuity do you ? Thermal Fuse(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View this is the first thing you need to check. its the thermal fuse.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes.

okay prefect. unplug the dryer and remove the access panel number 61 on this diagram. there are screws at the very bottom. then you will see the blower assembly, the thermal fuse is number 59 and its on the top of the blower between the blower and the drum. remove the wires and test it for continuity.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got ya. Great . So the flashing 40 is typical when the thermosfuse goes out on these computer dryer units?

It can if the fuse is bad. have you tested it yet ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i appreciate your direction. i will test it tonght when my customer gets home. If this is not it can you suggest a second alternative?

well if that's good check the belt (and belt switch) and the door switch. if they are good then control board has failed.Main Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View hopefully its something simple. thanks, Bryan