Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

You have tried to help me on this one before but I need some

You have tried to help me on this one before but I need some more help. The icemaker on my Frigidaire model # XXXXX has stopped making ice. This is in a rental unit, so it is not right here for me to check things out that you recomment but I have replace the selinoid valve that controls the water and I have replace the icemaker itself. What else coud be wrong. I check and the water line is open to the icemaker. I just put the new iceamaker on today, is there a chance that it is going to work, even though it did not fill with water right away?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So yes, it sounds like you may just need to give the icemaker some time to cycle. The icemaker will not cycle as soon as you install it. The thermostat inside the icemaker must get below 10 degrees (like a piece of meat, it takes a while to get that cold and freeze) before it starts to cycle and work. That being said, if it doesn't make ice, probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator.  First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees.  Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice.  If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad.  If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out.  You can also make sure it's not frozen by pulling the refrigerator out and disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker down at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!