Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dryer Frigidaire LEQ7000ESO ,error message Dr and 3 beeps,

Dryer Frigidaire LEQ7000ESO ,error message Dr and 3 beeps, replaced door switch and it did not fix it . Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this "Dr" does mean that the dryer thinks the door isn't shutting; however, this particular dryer has a high limit thermostat which is mounted onto the top/side of the heater assembly and it cuts power to the door switch to stop the dryer. Either way, that thermostat will likely need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue which requires taking the dryer apart of course.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes my son shuts the door really hard and it works and it heats up, so do you still think is the thermostat? The door itself also has quite a bit of "play" to me it seems like lose, could that be the problem/

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I wouldn't think that shutting the door hard would have anything to do with the thermostat causing the problem.. I would think that your door is just not shutting properly and may need new hinges, or the door switch is bad, but it sounds like you have already replaced the door switch. I'd try to pull up on the door a bit and see if you can bend the hinges up since they tend to bend down over time and the door sags. If you still have problems and it feels like the door is still too loose, I'd replace the door hinge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am thinking the door sagging is the problem , would you please give me the part number and what tool do I need to get the hinge out ? Thank you

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So the part number for the hinge isNNN-NN-NNNN and the screws holding the hinge in place should just be phillips screws or a square bit which you can get at any hardware store if you don't have the poper size fillips screwdriver.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will try the hinge replacement, but just to make sure, what is the code error for the thermostat usually

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Same error code---still "Dr" because it cuts power to the door switch just in the weird way that it's wired.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.