Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I went to start the self cleaning cycle on our GE profile JGSP44

I went to start the self cleaning cycle on our GE profile JGSP44 slide in range. The "locked Door" kept flashing and it would not begin the cleaning cycle. I pushed the cancel button, disconnected the power, and tried starting the clean cycle with the door open and the plunger button pushed in and none of those attempts worked. It continues to flash "locked door". The door plunger is working.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
Its not unusual for these door lock switches to fail and that's what happen on yours. the lock may be functioning but one of the switches has failed. (so the control isn't reading it) you will need to replace the door lock assembly Door Lock Motor and Switch Assembly WB49T10020 Main Product View heres a link to order it,. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock-Motor-and-Switch-Assembly/WB49T10020/1608173?modelNumber=JGSP44AEV1AA?RCAID=1000065
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I removed the part and applied voltage and it worked. Could it be intermitent or somthing else?

yes when you apply voltage it will work (at least it will turn) but the two switches on the cam one of them is not working. So its not actually the motor part that's bad but the switch part as I mentioned before. the motor can turn all day but if one of the switches is bad the oven wont work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I put the part back in and the lock unlock is working now and so is the oven. Either the part has an intermitent issue or there is another problem that will fail again soon. I would say my issue is not fixed and spending $120 for a part that I am not sure is broken is the best approach.

Suggestions?

I agree, It may be that one of the switches is sticking intermittently and not all the time so maybe if you don't use the self clean it will work fine, I don't blame you for not wanting to spend $120.00. I was just telling you what the problem was. Who knows maybe it will never happen again I cant be sure. But anyway good job and best wishes, please remember to rate me 3 or above before signing off. Thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for the help. Is there a way I can leave this ticket open in case the problem comes back? \

yes ,Even after you rate me I wont close this and it will be open for as long as you need it. You could come back 6 months from now and it will be open. Have a great weekend, Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks that is awesome. Look for an excellant!

your welcome , have a great weekend ! thanks , Bryan

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
thanks, Bryan