Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience
63955563

I have an Estate TS22AQ side by side. The freezer portion seemed

Customer Question

I have an Estate TS22AQ side by side. The freezer portion seemed to that out then would refreeze. The fridge side stayed normal. We took everything out of freezer side and put in a bottle of water. It would freeze up nice and solid then unthaw. Now nothing is working, any ideas?? I have cleaned the coils and the fan was working but now nothing seems to work.
Thank you for your assistance. Stan Osborne
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

What is going on with the unit at this time, is the fans running, is the unit cooling, are the lights on....more information will help is diagnosing the problem....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NOTHING !!!! The interior light comes on.. Turning unit off and on doesn't do anything..no clicks, buzzes, no noise of any sort..

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Ok, get a butter knife and look under the control panel. There will be a hole on the right side with a defrost timer advance. Turn the timer advance a few clicks or so, and see if the unit kicks on, or not. Please let me know....Thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Where you able to find the timer advance screw that I was referring to? Please let me know....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was only able to advance it about 1/4 turn.. Nothing, but the light did seem to dim for just a second...no noise or anything..

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Ok, now try this, tap really hard on the temp control knob that turn the unit off and on. See if the unit come on, or not....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

B I N G O !!!!!!!!! The unit came on ............ There appears to be some BLACK dust directly under the control switch...

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Ok, great, you will need to replace the temp control that you banged on. The part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN, about $80. Unplug the fridge, slide off the control knobs. Next pop off the control face, this will expose 2 screws to remove, then there will be 2 more to remove under the control panel, then is will drop down. You will need to remove the left side cover, and damper vent cover as well, where the sensing bulb travel for the thermostat to replace. Replace it in the same manner as the old thermostat. When you are finished installing, plug back in, you should be good to go again. You can get the part at searspartsdirect.com, and it has diagrams to assist you as well. If this information has assisted you, please give me a great rating. If not, please let me know how I can assist you more....thank you
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: 15yrs experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OKAY !!!! Would rather buy an $80 part than a $1200 unit......

Thank you so much for the assistance..will order the part now...

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
No problem, and Thank You again.....Smile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANKS !!!!! You have made my wife very happy !!!!! LOL The unit is chugging along...will monitor and see what it does..Thanks again..

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely!
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check back with you, and make sure all is ok....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Don't know if my previous response went out or not. Just got back home today. Been gone for a few days. I tapped the switch about noon and not have frozen water in freezer. Switch was in the mailbox, will install it this evening. Thanks for your advise.. Stan

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

You are very much welcome....outstanding