Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

ge fridge mod # XXXXX defrost element went bad and completly

ge fridge mod # XXXXX defrost element went bad and completly froze freezer sec. defrosted and now ive got no voltage to the evap fan. help
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. there are a few things that can cause that. but most likely your defrost thermostat is run in line with the fan and has failed. Thermostat WR50X10003      Alternate Product View can you check continuity to that ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there are 2 bimetal tstats .both are open because its not cold enough after it was defrosted

okay let it get cold and see if the fan comes on. one of them feeds the fan. let me know in about an hour how its going .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

allrighty then

okay talk then.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i think i solved the dilemma . the fan came on after a few min. ill replace the heating element. much thanks

your very welcome ! thanks and have a great night, Bryan