Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Experience:  Over twenty seven years in the appliance service business
69602385

GE Profile Spacemaker XL 1800. After an electrical storm in

GE Profile Spacemaker XL 1800. After an electrical storm in my area and some electronic devices lost my microwave works fine except. The exhaust door opens and closes continuously after cooking cycle. I can prevent it by starting a cooking cycle then pausing but I was wondering if there is a parameter that got messed up that can be reset.

Appl-Tech :

Hello, thanks for letting us answer your questions. We appreciate your business!
I am afraid that is you have tried cycling the power on and off and the problem persists, you have a shorted relay on the smart board. The computer bypasses the relay when the oven calls for heating, There microswitch on the louver cam notifies the smart board that the louver is open, but the board is is not responding to turn off the louver motor. You only option is to either replace the smart board or disable the motor on the louver mechanism if the microwave functions are still operating.
Here is a link for the smart board if you choose to try to repair it. The louver motor is located behind the moving louver on the top of the door.

Appl-Tech :

WB07X10442 part number for louver motor