Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a KitchenAid Superba Model KEBC177KBL04. A few days

I have a KitchenAid Superba Model KEBC177KBL04. A few days ago, my wife put it on the clean cycle. since then, the heating element has not worked. The oven sounds like it is working (convection oven), and the breakers are in, but none of the different cycles work. I also recently replaced the lights, and they will not work either. Any ideas?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

OK so the oven stops heating after self clean (or even sometimes broiling) because there is a thermal fuse on the back of the oven that monitors if the oven gets too hot. Now the problem with these thermal fuses is that they are set at such a low tolerance that they will fail even when nothing is wrong if you run the unit through self clean since it gets so hot. You'll need to uninstall the entire oven and remove the back panel to access the thermal fuse you need to replace. To avoid the issue in the future, just turn the self clean time down to something like 2:30 instead of 3:30.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tyler, thank you. Do you have any idea why the lights won't work. I replaced them quite a while ago, thinking they were burnt out. Is there also an internal fuse for those? (They stopped working a few months ago, so it isn't related to the thermal fuse).

So there is no internal fuse, but if all the lights inside won't turn on no matter what, chances are the transformer has failed. Up behind the control panel is a light transformer and it will often fail and stop sending power to the lights.