Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Whirlpool washer will start the wash cycle and approximately

Whirlpool washer will start the wash cycle and approximately half way thru wash it stalls, after several minutes it starts again for a few seconds and stops and repeats this process. I have to move the dial close to the rinse cycle before it will stop the above and finish the drain, rinse and spin.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. this is a common problem with these washers, the lid switch is failing. Lid Switch Assembly(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View these are cheap plastic and the break inside just enough to make these run intermittently . you will need to order and replace the switch. Its not a lot of money around $22.00. you can order it at this blue link. its up in the control panel. number 11 on this diagram.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have ordered the part and thank you for your help.

your very welcome, thanks and have a great night . thanks Bryan