Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

icemaker leaking water

Customer Question

icemaker leaking water
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. is the water coming in all the time and overfilling the ice maker ? or is it just overflowing when it fills then is fine ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

turned it off. completely dethawed freezer and restarted- same result- big icicle forming down side of ice maker. still making ice though

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay can you get me the model number so I can take a look ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

wheres model number?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
usually it in the refrigerator section on a tag either on the side wall or the ceiling .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thermador KBUDT4870A02

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay prefect ! Your issue is a common one. your electronic water valve is not shutting tightly after this fills the ice maker. you will need to order and replace that. I don't have the diagrams for you unfortunately but this is located where you water line from the house connects to the refrigerator. you order this at the following link . http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-valve-inlt-2188786-ap3775453.html this will fix your issue.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

got the part how do i open back and install?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
it seems to me this valve may be up behind the grill in the top. this being a built in refrigerator they are usually in the top, behind the grill.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
have you checked there yet.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's not there. You are wasting my time. For all I know the part you had me order is from some other fridge. It appears the main water control center is down low. I don't want to take the whole fridge apart to find it.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
well usually the valves are either in the top or under the refrigerator possibly in the front behind the grill along the bottom in these built in refrigerators, does the refrigerator move at all ? does it roll out ? there are only three places it could be , if you can see where the water line from the house connects that's where it is . unfortunately all these refrigerators are different and they are in different places, the diagrams don't show the location however, the valve is the correct valve according to your model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I found it. It is on the bottom right of the fridge- It was a huge pain in the ass to expose. I finally get ready to install the part and realize the main inlet valve was sheared off of the part. Have to wait for the new part to ship

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay Its good to hear you found it, I'm sorry it was such a pain, the diagrams don't show us much on these models unfortunately, Talk again , thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Valve replaced and working. Icemaker still leaking. It's obviously the ice maker itself?