Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a KitchenAid gas range (#KGSS907SSS). The oven light

I have a KitchenAid gas range (#KGSS907SSS). The oven light is on and we can't turn it off. My Mother-in-law told me this happened when she accidently pressed the Self-Clean and open door/cancelled simultaneously. I tried unplugging, waiting for 10 sec then replugging the range. Light still always on. The error message displayed on the panel shows "STATUS L/D MOD ID 0001 95F - - - - - - 075 AM16 UI15 EEKG0-245. I had the oven for 6 years now. It does heat up ok.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So it sounds like the door latch switch has failed somewhat. Try turning the breaker off to the unit for 60 seconds to see if it will reset.  When you turn the circuit breaker on go inside and push on the door and hold it for a minute or two in case it's rubbing on the door latch not letting it reset properly. If that doesn't work, then try to set the self clean, wait 60 seconds and cancel it to see if that will reset the door latch assembly.  If nothing resets the door lock/door switch, then you just need to replace the door latch assembly. You can also try wiggling the latch hook as well above the oven cavity. But either way, if you need to replace the latch, you'll need to order part number W10195934 which has the door switch built into it and costs about $100.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried and it looks like latch assembly will have to be replaced. Would I by able to replace it myself?

If you're handy, you can definitely replace it yourself. Just turn the circuit breaker off to the unit or unplug the unit before servicing it. To gain access, the control panel will need to come off which requires you pulling all the knobs off, removing the screws behind the knobs, opening the oven door and removing all the screws coming in from below the control panel. Then pull the oven out about 6 inches and remove the screws on the right and left side of the control panel if there is one. The control panel will pull off and you can now access the latch for replacement. Warming---it's a tight space to work in.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just replaced the Latch assembly myself and it works! Thanks Tyler!

Awesome. Thank you for the update. If you need anything else then just let me know!