Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Whirpool dishwasher will not start. Breaker on, unit plugged

Whirpool dishwasher will not start. Breaker on, unit plugged in, no lights showing on door, handle switch ok.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I.m sorry, the dishwasher is not here. It was bought in 2001 from
Sears Canada

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok and the unit appears like it's dead even though you do have power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it does. No buttons on the door work.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok open the door, take all the screws out around the inner liner behind the control panel. Once out, lift the control panel out, you will see the control board, attached to the control board is the thermal fuse, remove the thermal fuse and test it with a ohm meter, if as i suspect and is most common the thermal fuse is blown you will need to replace it.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK Thanks Mike. I will look at the dishwasher tomorrow and check the fuse. Hopefully this is all I need.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
It will be :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.