Steve G., Handyman
Experience:  Very handy with appliance troubleshooting and repairs.

I have a Bissell Pro Heat Select 2X Model 9400. I have not

I have a Bissell Pro Heat Select 2X Model 9400. I have not had to use it for a few months but today, it is not working for me. It puts out very little water, consequently, doesn't lift much. I can't find any brochure that gives me trouble shooting. Any advice?
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..the usual cause of this failure is the heater betting blocked with limescale. Replacement of the heater is the usual fix and is not difficult or too expensive.

>>>CLICK HERE<<< for the part. The heater is located in the upright handle part of the cleaner and has a couple of hoses and four wires going to it.

If you need further help, please let me know.

I'll be here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is the purpose of the heater? Even turning off the switch to the heater will not make the cleaner work. Since there is an on/off switch for the heater, I should be able to just turn it off and then the cleaner should work???

Water moves through the heater whether or not you are asking for heat. Water does not bypass the heater when you turn off the heater, the heater is just off so the water is not heated.

I hope that helps.

I'll be here if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is replacing the heater element the only answer for my machine not working??? This carpet cleaner cost me too much money to throw in the trash!!!

It is the most likely point of failure and is very common on this cleaner.

>>>CLICK HERE<<< for a video that shows what we are talking about.

It is not hard to replace. There is no need to throw away the cleaner.