Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My range model # XXXXX oven will not work. I have followed

My range model # XXXXX oven will not work. I have followed the troubleshooting guidelines in the book. The stove will be set for 450deg. but will only get up to 225deg.In the book it said I might need a new fuse. Where is the fuse. This info not in book. There were no error codes on the control panel. On the control panel it looks like it is going to work but does not. Thank you.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like your oven igniter below the floor inside your oven is just starting to fail and needs to be ordered and replaced.  Oven igniters last about 6-8 years under normal use before they tend to start failing.  They need to draw at least 3.2 amps or else they won't open the gas valve correctly and it will either crack the valve open, or open and shut the valve several times when it should just be holding open.  It doesn't matter if the igniter is glowing or not; just because it glows doesn't mean the igniter is drawing enough power to open the safety valve. The igniter is only about a $50 part and you can replace it yourself if you want to remove the racks inside the oven and then remove the floor to access it.  Otherwise it will cost about $150-175 to call someone and replace it for you. 

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the fuse and where do I get an igniter?. Also what tools will I need?

There is no fuse. I'm not sure what you mean. As far as the igniter goes, you can order one in the link below if you'd like.

CLICK HERE for igniter

There really aren't any unique tools that are needed, just the standard socket set or nutdriver set, and flathead/philips screwdriver.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am very pleased with your answer I guess. How will I know until I have tried what you said. I am disabled and can not afford 38 dollars a month. I do not like the way I am being pushed into a membership. I will be glad to pay 38 if it works.

You are not signed up for a subscription right now. You have only been charged the $38 one time. You can come back and ask follow-up questions or anything else even after rating me now in case you need additional help, but this should get you going again.