Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore fridge Model number 795.78402 french door

I have a Kenmore fridge Model number 795.78402 french door bottom freezer. The water dispenses but the ice maker is not working?  

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. is it the ice maker that's not working or is this not dispensing the ice through the door ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The icemaker is not working at all. No ice. Does water pressure cause it not to work?
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
Yes water pressure could but I'm not sure if that's the issue yet. why whats the issue with the water pressure ? is the ice maker cycling ? (fingers turning)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The fingers turned once and now are stuck in an upright position. On the water pressure, in the book it recommends so much psi but I don't know how to check. Just a thought.
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
has this worked in the past with the same water pressure ? if so that's not the issue. so the fingers stopped in the 12 noon position ? straight up ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Different house so may be different pressure. The fingers are in a 1:00 position
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
okay it seems on that ice maker that's where they should be .the arm is in the down position correct ? graphic
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The rotating fingers are in the 1:00 position. They were flat and then I pushed on them and they moved to the 1:00 position. There are stationary fingers. Not sure what you mean by arm? The feeler arm to check ice capacity?
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
yes the feeler arm. the middle fingers are not stationary they move, that's what pushes the ice out. is there no water in the ice maker now ? can you take a turkey baster and put water in the ice maker and then wait to see if it ejects them ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The feeler arm is tucked up underneath the bottom of the ice maker mold. Hold on and I will do the turkey baster
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
okay, great, just put water in the ice maker and wait a few hours and lest see if it ejects the ice, that will tell us if the ice maker is working
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay, I'll get back with you later-thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
your welcome, talk then. thanks , Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
Hello I was wondering if that kicked the ice out ? I haven't heard back from you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, not used to how this works It kicked out five cubes and the fingers are now in the 10 o'clock position. Nothing else is happening.
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
okay well it seems the ice maker is okay which is good news. that means either the valve is bad or the line going to the ice maker is frozen. Remove the line that runs to the ice maker from the valve and blow through it to see if its clear. if it is replace the valve. Water Inlet Valve MJX41869201 Main Product View heres a link to order the valve. water valve
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your help. Have to look at over the weekend
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
okay
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
thanks, Bryan