Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore fridge Model number 795.78402 french door

I have a Kenmore fridge Model number 795.78402 french door bottom freezer. The water dispenses but the ice maker is not working?  

Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. is it the ice maker that's not working or is this not dispensing the ice through the door ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The icemaker is not working at all. No ice. Does water pressure cause it not to work?
Yes water pressure could but I'm not sure if that's the issue yet. why whats the issue with the water pressure ? is the ice maker cycling ? (fingers turning)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The fingers turned once and now are stuck in an upright position. On the water pressure, in the book it recommends so much psi but I don't know how to check. Just a thought.
has this worked in the past with the same water pressure ? if so that's not the issue. so the fingers stopped in the 12 noon position ? straight up ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Different house so may be different pressure. The fingers are in a 1:00 position
okay it seems on that ice maker that's where they should be .the arm is in the down position correct ? graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The rotating fingers are in the 1:00 position. They were flat and then I pushed on them and they moved to the 1:00 position. There are stationary fingers. Not sure what you mean by arm? The feeler arm to check ice capacity?
yes the feeler arm. the middle fingers are not stationary they move, that's what pushes the ice out. is there no water in the ice maker now ? can you take a turkey baster and put water in the ice maker and then wait to see if it ejects them ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The feeler arm is tucked up underneath the bottom of the ice maker mold. Hold on and I will do the turkey baster
okay, great, just put water in the ice maker and wait a few hours and lest see if it ejects the ice, that will tell us if the ice maker is working
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay, I'll get back with you later-thanks
your welcome, talk then. thanks , Bryan
Hello I was wondering if that kicked the ice out ? I haven't heard back from you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, not used to how this works It kicked out five cubes and the fingers are now in the 10 o'clock position. Nothing else is happening.
okay well it seems the ice maker is okay which is good news. that means either the valve is bad or the line going to the ice maker is frozen. Remove the line that runs to the ice maker from the valve and blow through it to see if its clear. if it is replace the valve. Water Inlet Valve MJX41869201 Main Product View heres a link to order the valve. water valve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your help. Have to look at over the weekend

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
thanks, Bryan