Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

on my kennmore dishwasher the "clean" indicator will not shut

on my kennmore dishwasher the "clean" indicator will not shut off and the dishwasher will not start any cycle except "cancel drain"
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The clean light blinking is actually an error code. The exact definition of this error means that your dishwasher is failing to heat the water in an allotted time. The error can be caused by numerous issues but the first thing you want to do is reset the control board. 

-To reset the control board press: high temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead.

-All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.
-If the control board doesn't reset, it's likely that you've just got a faulty control board and the control board will need to be ordered and replaced.

Now if the error comes back on the next cycle, then you'll want to reset the board again and check several things. The most common reasons for this error is because the water coming from your household is just too cold. The dishwasher is expecting 110 degree water to enter your dishwasher, so if your pipes are cold, the water may only come in luke warm. To correct this issue, just run your faucet next to the dishwasher until the water coming out is hot. On another note, make sure the dishwasher is washing with good water pressure. You can put a cup in the upper rack facing upwards and run a cycle to see if it will fill within 10 minutes of starting the cycle. If it doesn't fill with water then you know that the dishwasher isn't producing enough pressure which, in turn, will cause the water to not heat. You'd want to take your pump and motor assembly apart to clean inside if you had a loss of pressure.

The second most common issue is that the door striker at the top of the door way start to bend "up" and won't contact the latch inside the door quite correctly. Just physically bend the latch striker down so that when you shut the door it barely slides over the top of the inner door liner and that will fix that problem if that is your issue.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!