Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE range and the center part of the large element

I have a GE range and the center part of the large element is not working. All of the other elements work, including the large ring. I turned the knob to center part only and turned the element on and nothing happened. Is this a fuse or something I can fix myself?
Model # XXXXX
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately there isn't a fuse that would cause this problem, and since the outer ring is working, you know the switch is still sending power to the element which means that you have a bad dual burner that needs to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace to fix the issue. Depending on how handy you are, I suppose you could fix this yourself if you feel comfortable taking the oven apart.

CLICK HERE for surface burner.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!