Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my dryer takes too long to dry/

my dryer takes too long to dry/
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
okay I'm back, how long doe this take to dry a load ? are you using timed or automatic cycle ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

timed cycle for approx. 2hr. had to reset timer a few times. this my personal dryer at home.

I didn't get your reply the flame going on and off a lot ? have you tried running a load with the vent removed from the dryer completely ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

timed cycle for about 2 hrs. had to reset timer several times. found ignitor is working. tapped on valve and burner lights.

okay so the igniter is coming on but it doesn't lite and then you tap it and it lights ? that's a bad gas valve. part number 306176 If you call these guys. and give them this promo code 9047 the part will run you $78.50. I get special pricing so I can save you money. repair clinic gets $163 and Sears $170 so call this number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand give them the code 9047. that will get you the special pricing. hope this helps. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will the new gas valve com w/new solenoids.

yes it does. Gas valve assembly with electrical solenoids.
and heres a couple of links to the part so you can compare the prices. this is sears. and this one is repair clinic. big difference in price to the one I gave you. and they are exact replacement.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks so much. also is Gemline a good line of replacement applianceparts for commercial washers and dryers.

Gemline is okay but I wouldn't order a Gemline gas valve (not even sure is they make one) but I've used many Gemline parts and still do so yeah their pretty good. please remember to rate me 3 or above before signing off or closing this question, thanks so much and have a great night, Bryan

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
thanks, Bryan